I know, I know, if you look at the time, you see I just got done with my first post, but I'm just so excited about this whole thing that I can't help myself. I know you too are waiting with baited breath to find out more about the ancestry of the Lowline herd being kept at Aitch St Farms and other places in the State of Washington. (Occasionally you may find one tied on a lawn at Wiser Lk., the home of one of my partners, and there are a few roaming the Yakima Reservation also, the home of another partner.) Anyway, I digress. This big bad fella is Tequila. Tequila is a bull. But what I am going to tell you about him is no bull. Tequila was the National Champion Lowline Bull at the Royal Easter Show in Australia in 2000. Imported to the US that year, he was the record selling bull in Denver for $22,500. Since making his home at the Bar J Ranch, he has sired more class winners and major champions then any bull in the breed.And why do you care about this? Because Tequila is the Sire of Evergreen, the Matriarch of our little herd of little black angus on our little farm. Can you even believe it? With royal ancestry like that, it has to be good. When Evergreen has that little baby calf in April '07, it is going to be cause for celebration. Bubba's it's daddy, Tequila it's granddaddy and Brenton it's great grand daddy. WOW. What a pedigree. Crank up the barbque...it's about time to party.
No comments:
Post a Comment